Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Google Santa Monica Open House

I have an opportunity to visit Google's new office in Santa Monica today.

It was a very fun experience. I was able to talk to the people who work at Google. They were very friendly and have a really good conversation with them.

I was glad that I was able to meet with the Picasa team. It was because I like the program a lot and I use it for my photo collection.

I was also glad to meet with some recruiters there. They encouraged those who apply not to be intimidated about the interviews.

The office enviroment was easily to be fallen in love with. It was not because of the free soda or Pac Man machine, but the learning culture and the idea gathering culture of it. Surely, Google employee can talk to each other from IRC or messenger while they are working on their dual 21-inches screen plus a laptop, but having a pool table or having a game of table tennis together will give them a chance to talk to each other about what they are working on and exchange ideas. It is probably how ideas are formed.

Anyway, Google is probably a place for those who can express their idea and understand each other.

These employees are so good at communication that I can actually remember all their faces. No wonder why Google attracts so many good engineers.

No comments: